Litigation rarely ends with the jury’s verdict,and our attorneys are well-prepared to represent clients’ interests as cases move through the appellate process. Our appellate practice includes post-verdict motions, reviewing the trial record, analyzing and researching complex legal issues, preparing briefs, presenting oral arguments, and post-argument motions. Additionally, our trial attorneys have been asked by clients to attend trials conducted by other attorneys in order to assist with preservation of error. Our attorneys have briefed and argued personal injury, property damage, and complex coverage matters on significant issues of law through the Louisiana appellate courts, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
Our attorneys can assist in all aspects of the appellate process:
- Drafting and filing of amicus curiae briefs
- Preparing writs of certiorari
- Preparing and filing post-trial or post-verdict motions
- Presenting oral argument
- Preparing, filing and arguing all levels of appeals
- Assisting trial counsel with pre-trial and trial matters