Oil & Gas TransactionsThe Gulf Coast is rich with natural resources, and our firm actively assists clients in every aspect of exploration, development and production of oil and gas reserves, both onshore and offshore. We represent domestic and international companies of all sizes, from the large integrated majors to small independent producers.
Our firm regularly counsels clients on a variety of transactional matters, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas assets and equipment
- Title examination and curative actions
- Master Service Agreements
- Joint exploration and development of oil and gas reserves (e.g. joint operating agreements, participation agreements, farm-in/out agreements, unitization agreements, production handling agreements, etc.)
Oil & Gas Regulatory ComplianceOil and gas companies are subject to numerous state and federal regulations that can be difficult to navigate without knowledgeable assistance. We assist our clients with all regulatory matters pertaining to the exploration and production of oil and gas.
Our regulatory services include:
- Advising clients with matters involving the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement including: qualification to bid on, hold or operate an Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) lease, right-of-way, or right-of-use and easement; general and supplemental bonding and financial assurance requirements; unitization; suspension of production; assessment of decommissioning liability; and orders/demands pertaining to decommissioning obligations.
- Advising clients with matters involving the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, State Mineral Board, Office of Conservation, and Office of Mineral Resources including: registration/qualification as a prospective leaseholder; assignment of state leases; unitization; financial assurance; Site Specific Trust Accounts; and legacy liability for plugging, abandonment and decommissioning obligations.
- Advising clients with matters involving the Railroad Commission of Texas including: approval to operate an oil and gas well; Organizational Reports; financial assurance; unitization; and plugging and abandonment obligations.